Friday, June 27, 2014

Arte Mundo

After my close encounter two weekends ago with a skill I yearned to learn so badly, Kao and I ventured out to Lavapies to a place called Arte Mundo, a small store nearly passable if it wasn't for the lime green door.  High ceilings were filled from bottom to top with bins of beautiful beads and precious stones. With the assistance of the shop keeper we sifted for at least an hour, hand picking several stones with to make my first wire wrap. I knew it would be a challenge as it always is to learn a new skill, but I remember the lessons from Carlos not only about how to wire-wrap, but how to be an artist. As I watched him bend the wire into intricate curly-cues with the ease of practiced hands he told me, "Remember the most important things are practice and patients." My first wire-wrap may be a sight for sore eyes and only nearing completion I've learned a valuable lesson applicable to all aspects of my life. Growing-up doesn't mean you will know everything but rather that you've achieved the skills of patients and practice which make you a life long learner.

On a separate note I am excited to finish off my time in spain with a last weekend away in Valencia. Pictures soon to come.  

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to the pix - love your determination to wire wrap!

    ReplyDelete