Friday, June 20, 2014

Week 3

Dear Journal,


On Friday I came a cross a couple of kids in Sol; they were playing tag and one of them ran into me while evading the other. “Pardon!” and ran away. I would say this boy was around 7 or 8 years old. The other kid came up to me and said, “Sorry!” She seemed a bit old, maybe 10 or 11, but she seemed a bit more mature than the other. When she said that single word ‘sorry’ with a perfect English accent, I knew she was fluent. I asked her where she was from, but she just smiled, covered her face with her hands and ran away. Her mom over heard me attempt a conversation with their daughter and said, “We’re from Madrid; we live in the countryside, but we came here to see the new king!” She then told me that it was too crowded so they didn’t get a good look at him. I told her, "Your English is very good!" "My husband was from England," she replied," he studied at Oxford University and moved to Madrid where he met me." 

1 comment:

  1. I like this story: so rich and simple but intriguing as well. Would like to hear more of her story — she sounds educated and interesting. Nice Kao, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete