Friday, June 6, 2014

!••∆••!

Dear Study Abroad Madrid Blog

            This week I interacted with a Spaniard who was quite knowledgeable about skateboarding locations, culture, and public opinion. We arrived at what seemed like a local dive bar after enjoying a delicious inexpensive tapas meal at a place called El Tigre. After enjoying a few drinks socially, I stepped outside to destroy my lungs with cigarette smoke. This is where I met Eduardo Fierro Gomez, a kind souled skateboarder who likes any opportunity to speak English. Eduardo and I conversed for a while about all things skateboarding: best places to go, how the police feel, where it is safe, and which tricks we can do down the hubba three set. Eduardo enjoyed speaking English and helping me learn some important Spanish skate slang to help me get around Madrid skate culture successfully. We parted ways.
•∆• Ryan Weisz  •∆•

1 comment:

  1. Did you enjoy your time with Eduardo? Glad to know you're exploring skate boarding in Madrid. Look forward to hearing more...

    ReplyDelete